USD 475 has a new text message system called 475 Blast. It is powered by Blackboard and provides the district with additional capabilities of notifying parents, staff and patrons quicker and in multiple ways:
- Automated phone call (LAN line)
- Text (SMS)
- or notifications through the new USD 475 mobile app.
NO NEW SIGN-UP NECESSARY. Parents and staff are automatically enrolled to receive text messages when their correct contact information is in Skyward. Update your contact information in Skyward (parents) or ERMA (staff).
Parents can check and update their information by logging into Skyward Family Access
In order to receive text messages, make sure your correct cell phone number is listed. Your contact information can be updated by following the steps below within Skyward Family Access.
- Log in to Skyward Family Access. If you do not have a Skyward Family Account, please call your school's secretary to request a change be made to your contact information.
- Click on the link for Student Information (to the left, in the blue menu bar).
- In the upper right corner of the new window, there is a link for "Request Changes for (student name)".
- Click on the "Request Changes" button and you will be taken to another screen that will allow you to make changes to your cell phone information.
USD 475 Staff can update their information in ERMA
- Go to www.usd475.org and click on the STAFF button at the top of the page
- Under STAFF QUICK LINKS click on the STAFF-ERMA (SKYWARD EMPLOYEE ACCESS) link and login with your username and password.
- You should now see your EMPLOYEE ACCESS area. Click on the EMPLOYEE INFORMATION tab at the top of the page and then click on the PERSONAL INFORMATION link.
- Look in the PHONE area and confirm if your cell phone is listed in the "Phone 1" field. If it is NOT click on the REQUEST CHANGES button to update the database with your cell phone number. Then click on the SAVE button to confirm the change.
- Click on the EXIT button at the top right hand side of the window to close out of ERMA
Click here to see these steps demonstrated. (NOTE: Some computers may not be able to view the video)
If you have additional questions, please contact Matthew Droge, Executive Director of Communications at MatthewDroge@usd475.org.